Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nate is home!

Nate was able to come home last night after 61 days in the hospital. Next Monday, September 29 he will check back into the hospital as an outpatient where he will be sedated and have a bone marrow aspiration done. We will get the results either the following Wednesday or Thursday and it will tell us how well the first round of chemotherapy worked. He will then be scheduled to be readmitted to the hospital for the second round of chemotherapy. The time frame on this will depend on his overall health. His liver is still inflamed and he needs to put on more weight and generally be more healthy before chemotherapy. His hope is that he will be able to be out of the hospital for his sister Jocelyn's wedding on the 18th. The photo below is of Nate and Jocelyn at one of Nate's games last year.

We know Nate is here with us today because of everyone's faith and prayers. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's the Radmacher family... I am so glad that I found this site because we have been wondering how everything is going and this is the perfect way to keep up! We are all praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I just love that nate! I'm so glad to hear that he is home. I cant wait to come down next moth and see him! Tell him hello for me.

love, kellie mansfield

Unknown said...

Hi Nate!

I was really hoping to come see you this week while you were home... I'm so sorry I didn't make it up to Canyon Country. I think of you everyday, amigo. I know you're going back to the hospital in the morning... hang in there, buddy. With as much strength, perseverance, faith and love as you have surrounding you, all is in your favor : )


aaron

Unknown said...

I know you won't get the results until next week... but I am certainly wishing you well, Nate!!!!

Do you have to stay at the hospital in the meantime or are you back home?

MF said...

Best wishes for Round 2. GO NATE!